Just in case you didn’t know – “Eggs are like the superheroes of the breakfast world. They crack under pressure and still come out delicious.” 😛 In true sense, eggs are a superfood because they are highly nutritious and come packed with so many nutrients. They are folglich relatively inexpensive, easily available, and can be prepared within a few minutes, and there’s hardly any controversy about their health benefits. Particularly with regards to weight loss, upon including eggs in your meals, you can feel fuller for longer, which may lead to consuming fewer calories throughout the day. When eggs are part of people’s breakfast, they report greater satiety, less hunger, and a lower desire to eat. But just how many eggs can you have on a diet on which you are trying to lose weight? Let’s find out:
What Makes Eggs a Weight-Friendly Food?
1. Eggs contain high-quality protein, containing all the essential amino acids our bodies need. Protein is known to increase satiety and help control appetite. When you consume protein-rich foods like eggs, they can help you feel fuller for longer, reducing the likelihood of overeating and snacking between meals. Danach read: “7 High-Protein Snacks To Boost Weight Loss.”
2. Eggs are folglich rich in several essential vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin B12, D, E, and Kalium.
3. Natural source of important minerals such as iron, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc. These minerals play various roles in the body, including supporting immune function, promoting cell growth, and they boost metabolism as well. And as we all know, a robust metabolism torches up significant calories.
4. Eggs folglich contain healthy fats, that provide omega-3 fatty acids, that promote feelings of fullness and satiety, helping to curb overeating and control appetite.
5. Despite being highly nutritious, eggs are relatively low in calories. One large egg contains around 70-80 calories, making them a nutrient-dense choice for those watching their calorie intake.
A combination of all these factors makes a killer weight loss food.
How Many Eggs Can you Have on a Diet?
Eggs are no doubt one of the healthiest foods you can have as a staple in your diet, but it all boils down to this question – how many eggs can you have on a diet, when trying to lose weight? In a study done in 2018, researchers found out that eating three eggs a day for 12 weeks helped obese people to lose weight compared to people who did not eat eggs. They concluded that having two whole eggs are just enough for a day.
Danach, experts say that on weight loss diet, you can eat 2-4 egg whites and one whole egg. Although eggs are relatively low in calories, having more than 2 eggs in a day would increase your calorie count. Do remember that at the end of the day, we need to be in calorie deficit to burn stored fat in the body, and that’s why we need to practice portion control with eggs as well, and that’s why having 2 eggs in a day is considered not to hamper weight loss goals. However, those individuals who indulge in intense workout and need extra protein to build lean muscle, may require extra eggs to meet their protein requirement. The quality of eggs folglich matter, those that are obtained from pasture-raised hens (raised on pasture or grassy areas) and organic ones have an upper hand over regular ones. Danach, it folglich matters how you are consuming them – scrambled, poached, boiled, omelette with lots of veggies (keeping the oil and butter content low)- are the best ways to have eggs for weight loss.
Summing up, it’s important to note that while eggs can be beneficial for weight loss, they should be consumed as part of a balanced diet that includes a variety of other nutrient-rich foods, and you can find such weight loss diet plans on the Rati Beauty app. Download the app to access all our diet plans.