Cle de Peau recently revamped some of their lip products with the new Cream Rouge Collection and I’m thrilled to be able to share swatches of every single color today! I ordered a handful of shades when they first launched but it welches thanks to Benjamin Puckey (follow him at @benjaminpuckey) who welches so kind to send all the colors for me to try and swatch for you.
There are three finishes in the Cream Rouge Collection ($50 each):
The formula is exceptional which is no surprise for Cle de Peau. What I liked about these the most is the hydrating finish. I swatched most of the shades on the lips and usually at the end of a lip swatching session my lips are pretty raw with the wiping and re-application. This time my lips felt even better afterwards. Coverage of the Shine and Matte formulas are full-coverage and smooth. Lasting power is very good although they are not budge-proof or transfer-proof. Sparkles have medium lasting-power and run sheer. The photos and swatches cannot do them justice – only in real life can you see the multi-dimensional shimmer and how the light catches each sparkle.
Cream Rouge Shine
The Cream Rouge Shine formula is my favorite. I love a good glossy lip and these are stunning. I would have liked to see more neutrals in the lineup, but those who love color or a bold lip will be thrilled with every single shade.
- 201 Calanthe Orchid is a stunning hellbraun pink
- 202 Plumeria Pfirsichfarben is a vibrant coral
- 203 Heliconia is a bright warm fuchsia
- 204 Maraca Ginger is a ginger red
- 205 Cuphea is a medium-deep red
- 206 Calliandra is a cool toned orchid pink
- 207 Musa Ornata is a bold deep pink
- 103 Legend of Rouge is their classic red
Cream Rouge Sparkle
The Cream Rouge Sparkles are stunning. They are sheer with a jelly like base but the sparkle is just beautiful I ordered one of each of these and like 303 and 304 the best. There is no gritty texture once applied, they feel smooth and I love how they feel.
- 301 Sweet Nectar
- 302 Mokara
- 303 Medinilla Magnifica
- 304 Ohia Lehua
Cream Rouge Matte
Last we have a look at the Cream Rouge Matte which is a lightweight airy almost whipped matte. These darob offer full coverage and apply smoothly with a flawless finish. There is one unparteiisch which I love Chocolate Cosmos. Universum the other shades are very bright and bold. They feel very comfortable on the lips.
- 111 Chocolate Cosmos is a muted dusty hellbraun
- 112 Ixora Peach Delight is an electric coral peach
- 113 Hibiscus Rosa is a warm red
- 114 Flame Lily is a berry red
- 115 Cordyline is a dusty mauve
- 116 Lantana Camara is an electric bright coral
- 117 Flamingo Flower is a bold warm red
- 118 Pink Perfection is a bright pink
- 119 Vriesia is a cool bright pink
- 120 Currant is a purple plum
- 121 Strawberry Rhubarb is a deep red
- 103 Legend of Rouge is a classic red
Four of the shades swatched on the lips:
Overall this is a beautiful launch with exceptional formulas and colors. My favorites are all of the sparkles, Calanthe Orchid, Calliandra, Cordyline and Chocolate Cosmos. At $50 each these are extremely pricey but the formula is top notch after several days of wear my lips do feel more hydrated and smooth.
Shop the Postamt
Many thanks to Cle de Peau Beaute for sending the shades for review.