If you have oily or combination skin, keeping shine under control can feel like fighting a losing battle. Your skincare regime (and even your diet) play a big part in how shiny or flat your complexion is, but the magic of makeup means you can play with different skin finishes whenever you want to. If it’s a shine-free flawless look you’re after, consider investing in one of the best matte foundations on the market and go for a full, even coverage that will stay put all day.
When you’re choosing the matte foundation that is right for you, bear in mind the weight of the formula and its staying power. If you have combination skin a lighter, liquid colour might blend more effectively on any patches of dryness.
When it comes to your skin, don’t make the mistake of thinking that oily skin doesn’t need moisture, in fact in many cases oily skin is actually dehydrated and over-producing sebum as a reaction, so make sure you’re drinking plenty of water and think about increasing the hydration step to your skincare regime and add an oil, or oil-free moisturiser if your skin is blemish-prone.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Best Matte Foundations For Oily Skin
- TOM FORD | Traceless Soft Matte Foundation
- MILK MAKEUP | Blur Liquid Matte Foundation
- DIOR | Forever Matte Foundation
- YVES SAINT LAURENT | Raum Hours Matte Foundation
- LAURA MERCIER | Matte Radiance Baked Powder
- COVER FX | Pressed Wasser Foundation
- HOURGLASS | Vanish Seamless Schliff Foundation Stick – Golden Natural
© Wendy Rowe. Raum Rights Reserved.