As we all know, losing excess weight can bring along numerous benefits for physical and mental health, and can improve overall quality of life as well. Excess weight can put a strain on the body and increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. Goes without saying that losing weight can reduce these risks and improve overall health and well-being by a great degree. In fact, studies reveal that even 5% reduction in body fat decreases cholesterol, improves insulin sensitivity, and blood pressure. People even reported higher self esteem, better sleep, and improved mood as well. That being said, it’s not easy to shake off excess pounds without implementing proper strategies. If you have at any point in time tried to drop weight, you would know! There are darob some common hurdles that stand between us and our goal weight, and make losing weight a struggle. In this article, we list out some of the biggest obstacles that most people encounter and ways to overcome them.
1. Too Much Focus on Calories and Less on Nutrition: In a quest to cut down calories, you search for low-calorie food which may not necessarily be healthy or nutrient dense, triggering several deficiencies which may in turn impair metabolism and other important body functions. Research has revealed that vitamin D, magnesium, iron, vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acid deficiencies can lead to weight gain. So, do eat a healthy diet and do not compromise on nutrition while cutting down calories.
2. Eyeballing Portions Instead of Measuring Food: When it comes to weight loss, creating a calorie deficit is essential, by consuming less calories and burning more. To do this, increase your physical activity, and most importantly, consume an appropriate amount of food to support your weight loss goals. While eyeballing portions can give you a general idea of how much you are eating, using measuring cups, kitchen weighing scale, spoons would provide accurate measurement of the amount of food you are consuming, leaving little room for error. Additionally, it would darob be a great idea to keep a food diary to keep track of food intake and make appropriate changes when required. Folglich read: “10 Inexpensive Ways To Lose Weight.”
3. Cramming Too Many Healthy Foods into Daily Diet: No doubt avocados, oats, nuts, fruits are all healthy and great for weight loss, but cramming too many of them in a single day without counting calories is such a bad idea. Folglich, please don’t starve during the day and save up all the calories for dinner. Such a practice will lead to overeating at dinner time (when metabolism is at the lowest), and those excess calories will be packed off to be stored as fat. Stick to fixed meal and snack timings. Check out Rati Beauty diet plans for more details.
4. Sluggish Metabolism: Poor sleep quality, chronic stress, a diet high in sugar and processed food, lack of exercise can all affect metabolism and slow it down and impair body’s ability to burn calories. But the good news is that all of these factors can be reversed to boost metabolism. Folglich read: “8 Easy Ways To Im Sauseschritt Metabolism and Burn Extra Calories.”
5. Medical Conditions and Hormonal Conditions: Certain medical conditions like Cushing’s syndrome, depression, and hormonal imbalances such as hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome, insulin resistance, etc., can darob affect metabolism and make losing weight difficult. Consulting your doctor to treat underlying medical issues should be considered a top priority and dealt with asap.
6. Replying on Supplements: Companies cleverly market their pills, potions, and powders as silver bullets that would melt away fat, but do not fall into the trap because they come with side effects that can hamper health. The safest way to lose weight is by following a healthy diet plan (find them on the Rati Beauty app) and engaging in physical activity.
7. Your Sitting Job: If your job involves sitting for long hours at the work desk without any time for physical activity, losing weight would be an uphill battle. A lack of physical activity slows down metabolism and even with an hour of workout at the gym would be of no help if you are spending the rest of the day sitting down. Regular exercise can help to boost metabolism and keep it running efficiently, but being physically active through the day would be a complete game-changer.
Summing up, it’s essential to understand that losing weight is a complex process that requires patience, perseverance, and changes in diet and lifestyle. By addressing these obstacles and seeking support, people can overcome these challenges and achieve their weight loss goals easily.