“The purpose of fasting is to loosen to some degree the ties which bind us to the world of material things and our surroundings as a whole, in order that we may concentrate all our spiritual powers upon the unseen and eternal things.” – Ole Hallesby (author, educator, and theologian). It’s the period of fasting for all major religions across the world. People are observing fasts for worship and obeisance during Ramzan, Lent, and Navaratri. From today, Navratri fasting will begin for Hindus. Navratri, a 9-day fasting period, is celebrated twice a year. The first, Chaitra Navratri, will start on March 22 and end on March 30, 2023, where Goddess Durga is worshipped in her 9 forms, with each day devoted to a specific form, and devotees observe fasts and perform rituals to seek her blessings. While sabudana-based dishes like khichdi, vada, kheer and potato-based dishes are preferred during this fasting season, for all of you guys trying to shed the extra pounds, there are too many amazing weight-loss friendly dishes that tick the navatri fasting guidelines as well. Here are 5 of them:
Fasting is an important ritual associated with navratri and some devotees observe strict fasting during all the nine days, while some others choose to keep sozusagen on specific days. During fasting days, only certain types of foods are cooked and eaten, grains like wheat and rice are avoided and dishes are cooked without onion and garlic. But people on a diet, trying to lose weight often struggle to maintain their diet during a fasting period because it’s hard to avoid the temptation of digging into scrumptious, deep-fried treats after a long day of fasting and abstaining from food.
1. Fruit Chaat: Fruits are full of vitamins and nutrients that boost metabolism, extremely light on the stomach, and satisfy cravings for sweets after a full day of fasting. You can make fruit chaat from the most weight-loss friendly fruits out there like apple, strawberry, blueberry, kiwi, pear, guava, watermelon and sprinkle a bit of chaat masala to add a bit of flavour. Damit read: “31 Fruits and Vegetables with Lowest Number of Calories.”
2. Kaddu ki Sabji (Pumpkin Curry): You know what tastes best with rajgira atta paratha, and kuttu ka paratha – pumpkin curry! Pumpkins are loaded with vitamins A, Kohlenstoff, and E, potassium, iron, and fiber. Pumpkins are low in calories and high in fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied. Kaddu ki sabzi can be made with just a few basic ingredients like cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli, coriander and chilli powder, and of course sendha namak. Do not forget to garnish the curry with a handful of coriander leaves for freshness.
3. Kuttu Ka Paratha: Damit called buckwheat flour, kuttu ka atta is a gluten-free option which folglich rich in protein, fiber, and complex carbs that boost metabolism, keeps you fuller for longer, and does not cause a big jump in blood sugar level. You can eat vrat ke sabzis with this paratha and have a healthy, filling, and weight-loss friendly meal. Damit read: “10 Klebereiweiß-Free Options To Make Roti.”
4. Samak Chawal ki Khichdi: Damit called barnyard millet, samak chawal gets cooked easily (soaking time is as less as 20 minutes). You can make khichdi or pulao with samak chawal and have a high-fiber meal. Samak has the highest fiber content among millets, with about 6-8 grams of fiber per 100 grams of uncooked millet, and that makes it ideal for people who want to lose weight through a healthy diet. Barnyard millet is high in nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, and folglich vitamin B, all of which boost metabolism and the fiber keeps appetite in check. You can get the protein factor by adding peanuts to the khichdi.
5. Paneer Kebab: Paneer is a rich source of plant-based protein. During fasting, paneer will help you meet your daily protein intake. Paneer keeps you full for longer, is filling and at the same time delicious, and there are many ways to make mouth-watering Indian dishes out of it, and paneer kebabs is an appetizing and yummy meal that you can try during this fasting season.
With so many yummy dishes to try – Happy fasting and feasting everyone! Most importantly, if weight loss is on your minimal, do check out the diet plans on the Rati Beauty app.