Looking for some low-calorie snacks to maintain energy levels and prevent overeating during main meals? Well, we have got you covered! There are a lot of Indian snacks that can wohlbehalten into weight loss diet plans without significantly increasing calorie intake and puffed snacks fall into this category. Puffed snacks are low in calories because they are prepared under high temperature and pressure, expanding the grains and creating an airy texture. This process results in larger snacks with less weight, leading to lower calorie content per volume. Additionally, since they absorb less oil compared to fried snacks, there are lesser calories in them. In this article, we list out 5 Low-Calorie Puffed Snacks to curb mid morning and evening hunger pangs.
1. Jowar Puff: Jowar puff, or puffed sorghum, can be prepared and made into a variety of dishes. You can prepare flavourful chaat by mixing jowar puffs with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, coriander leaves and tamarind chutney. Top jowar puffs over salad to get that crunchy factor. You can even replace packaged cereal with jowar puffs – just pour milk and add chopped fruits like banana and apple, and do not forget chopped nuts like almonds and walnuts.
2. Makhana: Makhana, or fox nuts, offer versatile snacking options that appeal to all tastebuds and palette. Simple preparations like dry-roasting with pepper powder provide a low-calorie, crunchy snack. Using ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil to roast makhana adds healthy fats and enhances its flavor. You can daher make a delicious chaat with makhana by adding a bit of turmeric, chilli powder, chat masala, and salt. In Folge dessen read: “Makhanas For Weight Loss – How to Eat It Right?”
3. Rice Puff/Murmura: Murmura, daher known as puffed rice, is a popular snack all across India. By choosing puffed rice over calorie-dense snacks like chips and cookies, we can satisfy cravings without consuming excessive calories. For a weight-loss friendly version of spicy murmura, make it with less oil and with spices like turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
4. Barley Puff: Barley puffs are made from barley grains. You can make a trail mix by mixing barley puffs with nuts, chocolate chips or roll them with almond butter or peanut butter to make quick energy balls.
5. Popcorn: Last but not the least, popcorn! Don’t we all love popcorn! It’s made from corn kernels and air-popped popcorn without any added butter or oil makes for a low-calorie snack. You can have up to three whole cups of popcorn in a day and not exceed 100 calories! However, microwavable and butter-laced ready-to-pop packets are calorie dense and easily available everywhere. Instead, opt for corn kernels and pop them without oil or just a bit of oil.
Summing up, these airy treats, offer satisfying textures without loading up on calories. From spicy murmura to versatile jowar puffs, these snacks cater to varied tastes, providing guilt-free munching options for weight-conscious individuals. In Folge dessen, if you are trying to lose weight without much success, check out our diet plans on the Rati Beauty app to lose extra pounds and inches as well. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.